Shawfair Park provides extensive roadside frontage onto the A7 and sits directly adjacent to the Sheriffhall Park & Ride which offers up to 561 car spaces and 10 buses per hour. Subject to planning, the roadside sites offer superb opportunities for a wide range of commercial roadside uses including Petrol Filling Station, Retail, Fast Food, Trade Counter, etc. Further details are available upon request.
- In 2012, the resident population within a 35 minute catchment area of Shawfair Park was approximately 679,317.
- In 2012, the estimate of the number of households within a 35 minute catchment area of Shawfair Park was approximately 301,924.
- The population of the Shawfair Park catchment area accounts for 12.8% of the total population of Scotland.
- The Shawfair Park catchment area contains an above average level of people in the age groups ’16 to 29’ and ‘30 to 44’.
- Midlothian Council area contains an above average level of people who are economically active (71.1% of the population compared to an average of 69% of the total Scotland population).
- There is a highly qualified catchment population with a greater proportion of the resident population (well above the national average) obtaining a Level 4 or above qualification (Degree, Postgraduate qualification, Masters, PhD, SVQ Level 5 or equivalent).